We have transcribed a few of Margaret Sanger's published articles and speeches, and will add more to this site as time permits. Any text added to the document by the Sanger Project editors (supplied dates, our reading of illegible or partially obscured words) is rendered in [square brackets and italics]. Source notes at the bottom of each transcription give information regarding the location or original publication information. The location on our microfilm edition is cited as follows: LCM (Library of Congress microfilm), MSM (Margaret Sanger Microfilm): "S" for Smith College Collections and "C" for Collected Documents).
Please note: These transcriptions have been mounted for research purposes only and the Sanger Project requests that Sanger Project URL be used when referring to any of these materials. Links may be made to our site (though we wish to be notified), but under no circumstances are the transcriptions to be copied and mounted onto another server without express permission.
- "To Mothers – Our Duty," March 26, 1911
- "The Mammals and their Children, Part I," December 10, 1911 (from What Evey Mother Should Know).
- "Comstockery in America," July 1915
- "Morality and Birth Control," February 1918
- "Hotel Commodore Speech," December 8, 1920
- "No Healthy Race Without Birth Control," March 1921
- "Woman's Error and Her Debt," August 1921
- "The Use of the Pessary," November 11, 1921 (with editorial annotation, as published in our newsletter)
- "This I Believe," November 1953 (with .mp3 audio file)
Poster image from the Library of Congress, Margaret Sanger Papers.